Can't run software. Details inside.

ryanmanes
So I've downloaded JRE and confirmed the latest version by testing it on the Java website "Do I have Java?" page.

I also downloaded the latest Nand2Tetris 2.5 software and extracted it to my desktop.

When I try to open any of the tools, I get an error message that pops up and disappears quickly. It reads: 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

What should I do? Do I need JDK or to move my files into some other folder? I am running Windows 8. Thanks!

Re: Can't run software. Details inside.

ybakos
You probably just need to add the location of java.exe to your PATH environment variable.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkycwpimOEc

Post back if you are still stuck.

Re: Can't run software. Details inside.

ryanmanes
Got it! Thanks, that video was really helpful!