Can't solve Dmux

kingofbuffs
Hello everyone.

Can someone please explain to me how I can figure out  the demultiplexor  from the truth table below? Because there are two outputs, doing the same thing I did with the multiplexor doesn't work. Please help me solve this.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Can't solve Dmux

Think of it as two separate problems packaged in one device.

Re: Can't solve Dmux

kingofbuffs
Could you please be more specific? I can not really find the canonical representation of the gate, hence why I am having difficulties finding the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't solve Dmux

ivant
I think what WBahn means is to look at it as two tables, each with both inputs from the original table, but only having one of the outputs.

Re: Can't solve Dmux

What if I gave you two separate problems?

The first problem has inputs S and D and outputs Y1. Could you design a circuit to do that?

The second problem has inputs S and D and outputs Y2. Could you design a circuit to do that?

Could you take the solutions to these two problems and put them into a box having two inputs, S and D, and two outputs, Y1 and Y2?

Re: Can't solve Dmux

kingofbuffs
Jesus I solved it. I didn't really expect doing this since I cheated on mux. (I went back and solved it myself after learning how to derive it from the canonical representation though.)

YEAH SCIENCE!

Thank you guys so much!

Re: Can't solve Dmux

nilumbra
Thank you guys for asking and answering this topic. I got stuck on this same problem and nothing on google tells me how to implement Dmux using other basic gates only the reverse :()