Cannot edit projects

DK3250
Hi,
I'm new here.
Have just downloaded the software. Can start the HardwareSimulator and load a project. Cannot, however, edit anything.
In the HDL window I can highlight the line "// Put your code here:" but nothing happens when I try to input text.
Probably something stupid on my side, but please help.

Re: Cannot edit projects

That's because the simulator is not an editor.

You need to use a text editor to write/edit your programs and then load them into the simulator.

Re: Cannot edit projects

DK3250
Hi WBahn, Thanks a lot. I knew it was simple
Is it possible to upvote/like answers here?

Anyway, made an And gate from two Nand (wow).
Now, I want to make a small truth table showing the four combinations of a and b ant the resulting output. Not sure how to do that...

Re: Cannot edit projects

Lozminda
You've probably deduced already what I'm about to say, but the early stages start very simply, I suggest doing in order what the book suggests (implementation of all the gates etc). It all seems too simple sometimes. Don't worry it soon gets complicated quickly. Good luck.

Re: Cannot edit projects

DK3250
Hi Lozminda,
I acknowledge the idea of going through all the examples; Thanks for encouraging me.

Re: Cannot edit projects

DK3250 wrote
Hi WBahn, Thanks a lot. I knew it was simple
Is it possible to upvote/like answers here?

Anyway, made an And gate from two Nand (wow).
Now, I want to make a small truth table showing the four combinations of a and b ant the resulting output. Not sure how to do that...
Not possible to upvote answers -- Nabble is a very simplistic forum.

How do you want to make the truth table. Pen and paper, or by writing a script and having the simulator produce the truth table?