Cannot load my Add16 Chip

mackncheesiest
I'm in the middle of chapter 2, and I've been on a roll with the simulator lately until I just got to my Add16 chip. I try to load my file and the simulator just gives me an error "In HDL file C:\...\project 02\FUllAdder.hdl, Line 11, Chip name doesn't match the HDL name."

It sounds like an easy enough problem to diagnose, but I haven't been able to figure out why the error's occurring, and it's really starting to drive me crazy. The first thing I did was check the file name of my full adder, and, despite what the simulator calls it with "FUllAdder.hdl", it is called "FullAdder.hdl"; I even renamed it to be sure. Then I looked in the full adder file, and the chip name, next to the all caps "CHIP" does, in fact, also say "FullAdder". Then I checked my Add16 file, and every time I call upon a full adder chip, I follow the same conventions for other chips and say FullAdder(*internal pins*). No matter what I do, I just can't get the simulator to load the Add16 file that's composed entirely of full adders--a chip that did pass the test script by the way, so I know it's not a problem with my implementation, or the implementation of the underlying half adders for that matter. I checked the Add16.hdl file to make sure that everything had correct syntax, and I found no missing semicolons, the surrounding brackets begin one space after the chip name "Add16" and end just past all of my parts that make up the chip, and I correctly labeled every internal pin.

The funny thing is that I even gave into the simulator's wishes and, in my FullAdder.hdl file, I changed the chip name to "CHIP FUllAdder", and then the error message changed from "In HDL file...FUllAdder.hdl" to "In HDL file...FullAdder.hdl".

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Cannot load my Add16 Chip

mackncheesiest
As with so many other weird computer problems, it appears a simple reboot fixed it. I rebooted, looked through all the files one last time, made sure everything checked out, tried loading, and it worked this time (and it successfully passed the test script, too! )