Cannot use any software

bellsofmoscow
Hi! I downloaded all the software and I'm very eager to start. I've had a lot of problems with it though. I can't open HardwareSimulator or any of the other tools.

I'm using a Mac and I recently upgraded to Yosemite. I clicked on the .bat files before I realized they were for Windows, they opened and promptly shut. Then I tried entering HardwareSimulator.sh on the command line of my Terminal (I use a bash shell) and I get this:

Jias-MacBook-Pro:tools toh_test$ HardwareSimulator.sh
-bash: HardwareSimulator.sh: command not found

Then I tried
Jias-MacBook-Pro:tools toh_test$ chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh

But got the same error message
Jias-MacBook-Pro:tools toh_test$ HardwareSimulator
-bash: HardwareSimulator: command not found

I have tried adding Java as well as nand2tetris/tools to my path. I used a method detailed here if you would like to take a look: http://hathaway.cc/post/69201163472/how-to-edit-your-path-environment-variables-on-mac

I did this too
http://nand2tetris-questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/Tools-Updated-batch-and-script-files-td4028183.html
Saving the file to nand2tetris/tools. It did not resolve the problem.

I'm not sure what it could be and it seems to me I've tried all the solutions suggested here.

I've had this laptop for 3 years. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of stuff saved in here where it shouldn't be. I don't know if that's causing the problem.

Could you help me? Thank you!

Re: Cannot use any software

Dennis
I have not much experience with Mac computers, but on Linux you can start the HardwareSimulator from bash with
$ ./HardwareSimulator.sh
Notice the ./ (dot slash) at the beginning to indicate that you want to execute a file from the current directory. Does this work for you?

You could also try
$ bash HardwareSimulator.sh

Re: Cannot use any software

bellsofmoscow
Dennis, both work! I can't believe it was so simple. Thank you very much!