Cant Open the Hardware Simulator

will5will
Hi I just downloaded the software suite and am having trouble running the Hardware Simulator. I double click the batch file and nothing happens. I tried in administrator mode and the same thing. I have installed the newest java so I am not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Re: Cant Open the Hardware Simulator

There have been many posts about this, especially as regards Windows 8.

Search the forum for "hardwaresimulator.bat".

It seems to mostly come down to a few things.
  1)  Java is not installed.
  2)  Java did not add itself to the PATH variable when it was installed, you need to do this manually.
  3)  You need to run the hardwaresimulator.bat file as administrator.

--Mark