Chip if not found in working folders - error message

Chip if not found in working folders - error message

curio
Hello,

I am attempting to implement the AND.hdl gate.  I open the file (in Projects folder) in Windows notepad and add the following code where asked to under "PARTS:"

If a=b=1 then out=1
else out=0

and get the above error message "Chip if not found in working folders" when I select the AND.hdl file I just modified! Note it says chip "if," which I cant' figure out.   I've tried a few different things involving parenthesis, etc. in Appendix A, but nothing seems to work.  I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious...damn.

If anyone can give me a pointer or two I think I'll be fine,  I just need that first jump start I think.

Thanks Ahead of Time,
M DeYoung

Re: Chip if not found in working folders - error message

marz
1) read the appendix A1-A6 on HDL
2) you can't use standard language syntax for it.

CHIP And { // 'And' is the name of the chip

    IN  a, b; // the digital inputs have values of 0,1
    OUT out;  // the digital out has values of 0,1

    PARTS:
    // Implementation missing.
    // Implement the chips in the order recommended on the project 1 web page
    // a hint: you have to use Nand(...) and Not(...) to implement the And, so its best to start off with the Not
    // gate aka. inverter

MarZ