Comparison failure at line 2- Xor.hdl

ES

Comparison failure at line 2- Xor.hdl

ES
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Comparison failure at line 2- Xor.hdl

I have no idea what you mean by Line 2 calls the Not gate, let alone what you mean by line 1 does as well but it being okay.

I'm also not a very good remote viewer. I can't close my eyes and concentrate real hard and somehow see your .out file; so all I know is that somewhere on the second line it doesn't match what is on the second line of the .cmp file.

Since I'm also unable to remote view your HDL code, I can't possibly tell you what is wrong with it.

The only thing I can tell you is that line 2 of the test is setting both the 'a' and 'b' inputs to 0 and outputting the result, which should be 0. This matches line 2 of the compare file. I can tell this much only because I have copy of the .tst file and the .cmp file. I do NOT have a copy of your .out file, so I don't know what it is putting out (though my guess is that it's putting out a 1), nor do you have your .hdl files so I have no idea why it is not putting out a 0.

ES

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Comparison failure at line 2- Xor.hdl

ES wrote
Wow, you are quite possibly the rudest person I've met on a tech help forum, and that's saying a lot. No shit you can't see my code, that's why I didn't spam it all in the first line so I could know what to post.

This project was fun but after being talked down to for asking a simple question on a help forum I'd rather take my efforts elsewhere.

Have a good day.
You are certainly free to do so. Whether you go or stay is completely up to you.

But whatever you do, you might give just a bit of thought to how it is pretty unreasonable to ask for help and not provide any usable information. This is like calling up an auto mechanic and saying, "My car doesn't start. My other car starts. I'm at a loss," and then getting upset when they aren't impressed by your every word.

I provided you with a specific action plan. You can follow it or not. Your choice.

If you follow it and can't figure out why your gate isn't doing what it is supposed to, then post the relevant line from your .out file and I will be more than happy to help you through it. I will even be more than willing to look at your code and guide you to finding what is wrong.