Computer.hdl "This chip has a circle in its parts connections"

Computer.hdl "This chip has a circle in its parts connections"

SinEater
This post was updated on .
Hi,

My Memory and CPU chips have passed their tests but the computer chip is giving me the error above.
I have gone through the Memory chip with a fine tooth comb and scoured the messages sections in here to find the answer but I am at a complete loss as to why my chip is not working. Would you help please?
See my memory chip below:

[Working code removed by admin.]

Re: Computer.hdl "This chip has a circle in its parts connections"

SinEater
No need to answer.

Fixed the problem.

Thanks.

Re: Computer.hdl "This chip has a circle in its parts connections"

SinEater wrote
[Memory.hdl]
PARTS:
    RAM16K(in = in, load = ramload1, address = address[0..13], out = ramout1);
    RAM16K(in = in, load = ramload2, address = address[0..13], out = ramout2);
Although this passes the tests, it is very inefficient since it uses 32K of RAM (two 16K chips) to store data for 16K of address space.

You should only use one RAM16K, and create a 'ramload' signal from 'ramload1' and 'ramload2'.

--Mark

[Please edit your original post to remove the working HDL. We want students to discover their own solutions.]