Conceptual Understanding the 16 Bit Versions (No Code, but spoilers if you read the questions and response)

Conceptual Understanding the 16 Bit Versions (No Code, but spoilers if you read the questions and response)

ShallonDark
So, jumping from single gates(AND,OR, Ect.), to the 16 bit version is simply just producing a packaged IC chip that has 16 of the same type of gates in them? From my understanding we could bypass the sixteen bit versions by just using 16 gates, but putting them into one chip is much better from an abstraction standpoint/would you rather solder on 16 gates or just pop one IC into a holder(you'd still have to solder the holder, but hopefully you know what I mean). I don't see any of the internal gates interacting with each other directly? Is this correct? I feel the logic behind the 16 bit bus is so simple, I need clarification for to make sure I'm not missing something important. Thanks :)

Re: Conceptual Understanding the 16 Bit Versions (No Code, but spoilers if you read the questions and response)

Yes, you are correct. The 16-bit chips in chapter 1 are 16 of the 1-bit gates in a single package, with no interaction between the bits.

When you get to the 16-bit arithmetic chips in chapter 2, there will be some interaction between the individual bits.

--Mark