Demux

Lokesh Poovaragan
How do I implement a single Demux?

If I was coding in a high level language, I could do if (sel == 0) then output a else output b

but in hdl, there's no if function, how do I bring gates into the picture?

I'm familiar with karnaugh map and truth tables:
s|i |a|b
0|0|0|0
0|1|1|0
1|0|0|0
1|1|0|1

My problem is, what variables do I take on my karnaugh map? I have two outputs, so I dont know where to put a 1 on my grid.

Or am I approaching this in the wrong way, and I'm not supposed to be using karnaugh maps in the first place?

Re: Demux

ybakos
You can use a Karnaugh map, or the "canonical form" of the boolean truth table.

Keep pushing on this problem and post back if you are still stuck.