Double clicking HardwareSimulator.sh doesn't start the application in linux, why is that?

Double clicking HardwareSimulator.sh doesn't start the application in linux, why is that?

crievino
Hi,

I noticed that only if I prompted ./HardwareSimulator.sh from the command line in linux that the application starts.

But if I double click the HardwareSimulator.sh it just shows some text in the terminal. Why doesn't this option open the program?

Thanks!

Re: Double clicking HardwareSimulator.sh doesn't start the application in linux, why is that?

ivant
The shell scripts distributed with the official nand2tetris suite aren't the most orthodox ones.

A while ago I created a fork with mostly bug-fixes + a couple of new features. It contains improved shell scripts + .desktop files, which are usable on linux systems. You can find the release here:https://github.com/itoshkov/nand2tetris-emu/releases/tag/v2.6.2

You might also be able to use the desktop and shell files with the official release, but I haven't tested this.