Error running the Not16 from the Builtinchip

Error running the Not16 from the Builtinchip

qwerty5
When I run the Not16 or And16, the result at the end is a negative number. I am running the Not16 from the BuiltInChip so is not an error in my code. Please help me understand this.

Re: Error running the Not16 from the Builtinchip

ivant
AND16, NOT16 etc, are working on individual bits. But the Hardware Simulator shows the results in decimal by default. You can switch this to binary from the "Format" selector (or from View -> Format -> Binary menu).

You'll learn about singed number representation in one of the next chapters in the book.