HDL deletes our code

TobeyMaghetti
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: HDL deletes our code

It's likely just an issue that you have multiple files (in different folders) named Xor.hdl.

Re: HDL deletes our code

TobeyMaghetti
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: HDL deletes our code

Post the contents of your Xor code (we can delete it later, if needed).

What folder are you putting this file in?

Re: HDL deletes our code

TobeyMaghetti
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: HDL deletes our code

TobeyMaghetti wrote
We edited the built in XOR file and put it in the BuiltInChips folder. The HDL will revert to the original blank chip.
And therein lies your problem. Why did you put it in the BuiltInChips folder instead of leaving it in the projects\01 folder where it belongs?

Do you still have the original Xor.hdl file in your project\01 directory?

Don't mess with the BuiltInChips folder. That folder contains implementations that invoke the simulators built-in models, but ONLY when there is no corresponding file in the folder that the simulator is running on. When there IS a file in the folder being used, the simulator ONLY looks at the contents of THAT file.

Re: HDL deletes our code

TobeyMaghetti
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: HDL deletes our code

How did you edit the file?

Are you trying to change it within the tools supplied by N2T? If so, that won't work. You need to use a text editor, such as Notepad (or Notepad++). Don't use a word processor such as Word.

What about the earlier chips, like Not, And, and Or? Did those work fine?