HW simulator: can't create output file

donald
This message pops up when I try to run a test script against an hdl file.

I've seen the suggestion in an earlier post that this is due to a permissions problem and that it was fixed (in Microsoft land) by moving  the TECS directory under c:\Documents.  Alas, I work in a Fedora Linux environment.

The real solution is to get the JRE policy changed to permit write access.  Some poking about reveals that I have
 /usr/java/jre.6.1_26/lib/security on my machine, presumably the appropriate place to implement the change.  But since I can barely spell Java, I think I need some help - else I will need to manually execute repetitive tests for the dozen or more circuit hdl files.

It would seem unlikely that I am the first Linux user to face this problem.  Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Re: HW simulator: can't create output file

I suspect that the problem is that you do not have write permission in the directory that contains the .tst file that you are trying to run.  This is likely if you placed the project files somewhere other than under your home directory.

Try putting the project file tree somewhere like ~/tecs/projects

--Mark