Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

tschwade
This issue has been already reported, but was not consequently followed up.

The Hardware Simulator window on Windows 10 has a fixed and very small size, which does not even increase in full screen mode. The edit window does not show the entire code and  the horizontal scrollbar does not work. Also the window content ist not editable at all. See attached screenshot.

Re: Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

ivant
I've been trying to make the tools windows to be resizable. I have partial success for they CPUEmulator. The VMEmulator is almost done, but there are some issues left.

The HardwareSimulator proved to be the hardest one of the bunch.

I'm hoping I'll find enough time to work on these soon, but the last two weeks were quite busy, so I can't make any promisses.

BTW, the "edit" window is just a view. The tools do not support editing. You should use external editor for that.

Re: Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

tschwade
Thanks a lot for reaching out and for the hint concerning the "edit" window: That was of course my main issue and clearly it is fully sufficient to be able to use an external editor. Thanks!

Re: Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

mdean77
Did you ever succeed with the emulators?  I am running on Mac but presumably your fix should work on any of the platforms.

Re: Hardware simulator window too small on Windows 10

ivant
Unfortunately not to a satisfactory state. I managed to improve certain parts, but the code is quite messy and some unforeseen problems emerged. At least for the time being I don't have enough time to spend on this and I kind of lost motivation too.