Having trouble with mux16 implementation

Having trouble with mux16 implementation

bigmit37
This post was updated on .
Mux seems to work fine, but when opening this hdl code, my hardware simulator is showing a blank
screen. I'm assuming that means a syntax error? But I can't find the syntax error.

EDIT: Removed code.

Ah, I see the error in red now.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Re: Having trouble with mux16 implementation

Mux16's 'sel' input is a single bit, not a bus.  You should be seeing an error message in the status bar at the bottom of the simulator's window. (On some systems this can be hiddin with the default window placement. Move the window until you can see the bottom.)

Another way to see the error messages is to run the simulator from the command line:
[D:/TECS/projects/01/test]
% HardwareSimulator Mux16.tst
In HDL file D:\TECS\projects\01\test\Mux16.hdl, Line 7, sel[1]: the specified sub bus is not in the bus range: load Mux16.hdl
[D:/TECS/projects/01/test]

When you have solved your problem, please edit your post to remov the HDL.

--Mark