Horizontal Scrolling Help

mryordanov
I was able to find a previous post about fixing this issue with the horizontal scrolling, however when I tried to follow the steps I kept having issues compiling all of the files. I'm fairly new to this course and I'm not very experienced in editing and recompiling code.

http://nand2tetris-questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/Fix-Horizontal-Scroll-in-Subwindows-td124410.html

The link above has a somewhat step by step resolution to the problem, however at the "javac @sources.list" section, the compiler shows a ton of errors ending with...

"Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
100 errors"

Does anyone have any recommendations? I just want to be able to scroll to the right so I can check my work when I test my builds.

Re: Horizontal Scrolling Help

ivant

Hi and sorry for the late reply.

I was working on improving the software suite with various fixes and new features. As part of this, I have imported the code in github and have "mavenized" it, meaning that it's very easy to build. The code up to commit 32665f0 is basically the original sources moved a bit in different directories + one fix (renamed a variable named "enum" to "en") + maven's pom.xml files.

After that I added some new features, like:

  • a simple VM profiler, which can count how many times a specific function was called and how many times a specific instruction was executed.
  • a step-over for the VMEmulator - which can be used to treat calls to subroutines as a single step and you'll just end up on the instruction after the call (assuming the emulator doesn't hit other breakpoints during the call)
  • I also incorporated some of the fixes found in these forums, including the scroll problem. You can check the commits for more info.