How do I convert SOP to Logic Gates?

pokeastuff
Hi,

My Dad and I are working on this together, using Karnaugh Maps we created a SOP for the MUX gate. We don't know what to do next with it.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Austin
Austin

Re: How do I convert SOP to Logic Gates?

Sum of Products (SOP) in logic means Or-ing together two or more And terms.
Your K-map reduction for Mux should have come out (a & ~sel) | (b & sel).
The product terms are
    a & ~sel, and
    b & sel
so you need two and gates, one for each term.  Or their outputs together.

Re: How do I convert SOP to Logic Gates?

pokeastuff
Thanks Mark, I'm not completely sure what you mean but we managed to figure it out.

Appreciate the quick response.
Austin