How to compile the source code on linux?

How to compile the source code on linux?

lulpl
Hello!

I'm very grateful that the sources to nand2tetris are available!

I was just wondering how to compile them?

just using javac "filename.java" I was able to compile 50 of the but the other 200 would give errors.

If anyone had a script or rough outline how to build it all that would be a huge help! cheers

Re: How to compile the source code on linux?

ivant
Take a look at this project (shameless self promo). I've made several changes to the original sources. Here is the highlight:
  • Mavenized - moved the sources in a directory structure which maven expects.
  • Fixed some build errors (e.g. the original code used "enum" as a variable name, which is now a keyword)
  • VM profiler - a simple profiler, which shows info about how many times each function was called and how many times each instruction was executed
  • Step over - the VM emulator can now step over a function call, which is very useful for debugging
  • Don't litter with .dat files. The tools now store their preferences (last used directory really) in a platform-specific place (e.g. registry under windows). Uses Java API designed for this stuff
  • Incorporated several bugfixes posted in this forum by others, like the horizontal scroll problem and the Math.multiply and Math.devide overflow bugs

Re: How to compile the source code on linux?

ybakos
Awesome!

Re: How to compile the source code on linux?

mattyp
Which project are you working on ??? If you are developing something for mac and ios platform then see the latest errors for error-free developing. You can view those on https://babasupport.org/apple/iphone-error-4005/ and do accordingly.