How to edit my hdl file and load it?(I use eclipse to edit but without response)Is that right?

How to edit my hdl file and load it?(I use eclipse to edit but without response)Is that right?

wengstaug
I dont know how to edit my hdl file I try to edit it by eclipse ,but it warned me that "Nand"is wrong .I ignore it but I load it into simulator without response??CAN anyone HELP!!! Here is my code CHIP Not { IN in; OUT out; PARTS: // Put your code here: Nand(a=in,b=1,out=out); }

Re: How to edit my hdl file and load it?(I use eclipse to edit but without response)Is that right?

niilz
This post was updated on .
If you have launched the HardwareSimulator.sh you have to:
1. load your chip by clicking the chip-icon in the top-left corner of the simulator-gui.
This will load your chip and should display the hdl you have written in the bottom-left window which is labeled: HDL.
Yet nothing happens, your chip has just been loaded.

2. Load the test, by clicking on the load-cript icon which looks like a sheet of paper in the top-middle of the gui, next to red flag. Select the .tst file with the name of your chip. In your case this should be Not.tst.

3. When your chip and the test have been loaded, the blue arrows should be available to run the test against your chip. One arrow > runs step by step, the double arrow >> runs it straight to the end in one go.

Now the test runs your hdl, creates an output file and compares it with the correct compare-file. If your chip is correct, you see "End of script - Comparison ended successfully" in the bottom of the gui.
If the implementation was not correct, the test end with red Text mentioning that it was not successful.

Hopefully that helped a bit.

Re: How to edit my hdl file and load it?(I use eclipse to edit but without response)Is that right?

wengstaug
Thank you very much.I have tried it,other chips are normal.Yet nothing happen with my Not.hdl,I wonder if I should complie it after editting??