I cant Start

fury
Hi Folks .. this my first post here ... and i ve just started reading this great book. And when i tried to simulated my first code i have error like answer So the code was: CHIP Xor1 { IN a, b; OUT out; PARTS: Not(in=a, out=nota); Not(in=b, out=notb); And(a=a, b=notb, out=w1); And(a=nota, b=b, out=w2); Or(a=w1, b=w2, out=out); } And the err is : Line 3. Missing CHIP keyword. So as you see the CHIP word is here, but i can't start simulating my first code. SO can someone help me with that because i want to proceed with book

Re: I cant Start

[Hint: edit your post and uncheck "Message is in HTML Format" so that your lines don't run together.  HTML format requires <p> or <br> to split lines.]

If I cut and paste your HDL into Xor1.hdl, it works fine on my system. It's interesting that the error message says "line 3".  Are there some blank lines or comments in lines 1 and 2? I'd try deleting everything before the IN line and retyping the CHIP line.

Note that the TECS tools are sometimes a bit picky about white space characters. If you are using a word processor to write your code, make sure you use normal space characters, not "non-breaking" spaces.

If you can't get this working, you can email me your Xor1.hdl file as an attachment to {my-forum-name}@pobox.com and I'll take a look at it.

Re: I cant Start

fury
Yes u are right .... the problem is in space characters ... now i m using nodepad ++ and evrythink works fine ...Thanks for help !

Re: I cant Start

ysh443
Hi Mark
i expirience much the same problem