Is there a Hello World! equivalent video for HDL?

DS

Is there a Hello World! equivalent video for HDL?

DS
I can't see if I even have thing loaded correctly because I don't know how everything is suppose to look.

I don't get Internal pins but I can't tell if it is what I typed, install issue, path issue, or something else.

please help

Re: Is there a Hello World! equivalent video for HDL?

[edit: correct link to Coursera course]

DS wrote
I can't see if I even have thing loaded correctly because I don't know how everything is suppose to look.

I don't get Internal pins but I can't tell if it is what I typed, install issue, path issue, or something else.

please help
There are lecture videos available in the Coursera course "From Nand to Tetris / Part I". Although the course is not currently active, you can sign up and view the videos.

As a quick check, if you load the Xor from chapter 1 figure 1.6
/* Xor (exclusive or) gate:
   If a<>b out=1 else out=0. */
CHIP Xor {
    IN a, b;
    OUT out;
    PARTS:
    Not(in=a, out=nota);
    Not(in=b, out=notb);
    And(a=a, b=notb, out=w1);
    And(a=nota, b=b, out=w2);
    Or(a=w1, b=w2, out=out);
}
And click on the Nand part in the HDL panel, you should get this display.

--Mark