Is this an ideal PC solution?

pas

Is this an ideal PC solution?

pas
This post was updated on .
[Redacted code using Mux16 a few times]

I found this exercise to be rather mind-bending. I finally got something working.

Is this a good solution? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: Is this an ideal PC solution?

Remember that, for this project, any solution that works is a good solution.

There are quite a few ways of doing this part. Any way that works is good enough. The way that you did it is about as direct an implementation of the logic specification as you can get, which is perfectly acceptable. It can be done a bit more elegantly (depending on your definition of elegance). For instance, it can be done with just a single Mux16 and a bit of glue logic. It can be done in a more self-documenting way using a Mux4Way16. But none of that is needed and your way is just fine.
pas

Re: Is this an ideal PC solution?

pas
Thanks again, WBahn. I appreciate the insight.