[Linux] Ugly font in GUI, which font the GUI use?

[Linux] Ugly font in GUI, which font the GUI use?

groto
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Linux] Ugly font in GUI, which font the GUI use?

I'm not a Java programmer, but looking at the source I see that the Nand2Tetris tools use two fonts, "Monospaced" and "Dialog".

From the Java documentation:
Logical fonts are the five font families defined by the Java platform which must be supported by any Java runtime environment: Serif, SansSerif, Monospaced, Dialog, and DialogInput. These logical fonts are not actual font libraries. Instead, the logical font names are mapped to physical fonts by the Java runtime environment. The mapping is implementation and usually locale dependent, so the look and the metrics provided by them vary. Typically, each logical font name maps to several physical fonts in order to cover a large range of characters.
Your screenshot looks like you do not have font anti-aliasing enabled. The fonts display OK on my Ubuntu system, but I'm using a fairly crappy monitor on it. You might try googling for "Linux font anti-aliasing".

--Mark