Load Hardware Simulator in interactive mode

Load Hardware Simulator in interactive mode

neophyte
When I type "HardwareSimulator" at the Command Prompt, once the Simulator opens and I have loaded a chip file from the projects/01 folder to work on, I am unable to enter code into the HDL box in the lower left.  I can copy from the box to Notepad and enter code there.  But I am not allowed to copy back to the HDL box.

Do I perhaps need to add yet another PATH?--one to the nand2tetris/projects directory, in addition to the one to nand2tetris/tools, which the authors say is required in the "Software" section of the website?

Re: Load Hardware Simulator in interactive mode

The simulator is very simple and does not have a code editing feature, so you need to modify your program in a suitable text editor (Notepad is fine) and then reload it into the simulator.

Re: Load Hardware Simulator in interactive mode

neophyte
Problem solved.  Many thanks.