Multi-Bit Gate Implementation (warning: example HDL)

Multi-Bit Gate Implementation (warning: example HDL)

cholland89
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Multi-Bit Gate Implementation (warning: example HDL)

cholland89 wrote
When implementing the multi-bit versions of basic gates(not,and,or) are we to use the previously built versions?
Yes, use the gates you have built to build your new gates.

This idea of abstraction is one of the aims of the course. If you were to try to build everything with Nands, it would be a huge amount of effort.  See Why We Like Abstraction.

Re: Multi-Bit Gate Implementation (warning: example HDL)

warlord
u meanwe have to simply define 16 gates without any loop or something. please give any example to clarify any multi bit gate.

is this correct.
thnks

Re: Multi-Bit Gate Implementation (warning: example HDL)

warlord wrote
u meanwe have to simply define 16 gates without any loop or something. please give any example to clarify any multi bit gate.

thnks
That's correct. There are no looping structures. You need 16 individual gates.

Please edit your post to remove the source code. We want students to develop their own solutions.

--Mark