Multibit Chips

Cardinal
Hi,
I'm currently working on Not16 and was wondering if since I've already implemented Not, is it a good idea/possible to use a forward loop and call Not() on each of the in[i] bits?
I'm also having a really stupid issue, but I can't get Not16.hdl to load on the hardware simulator. The yellow bar stay on that line and doesn't progress at all. The rest of the chips that I've implemented load fine but this one just won't. Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Re: Multibit Chips

There are no looping constructs in HDL.  You need to write the lines out individually yourself.

Something in your HDL is probably confusing the simulator very badly.  Please post the HDL that's causing the simulator to hang; I'd like to take a look at it.

Re: Multibit Chips

Cardinal
This is what I had written for Not16.hdl:
CHIP Not16 {
    IN in[16];
    OUT out[16];

    PARTS:
    for i = 0..15:
    Not(in = in[i], out = out[i]);
}

Whenever I tried to load Not16.tst, Not16.hdl would never load. Maybe it's cause I was using a loop?

Re: Multibit Chips

Loading this HDL causes an error message "Chip for is not found in the working and built in folders: load Not16.hdl" to be displayed in the status line at the bottom of the simulator window. The simulator is seeing the word "for" at the beginning of a line and expecting it to be a chip name.

Note that on computers with small screens, this status line can be cut off and you need to move the window up to be able to see it.

--Mark