Mux16, need a lead

Nicolas
This post was updated on .
Hey, Im having alot of trouble trying to get my 16Mux gate to work. Ive spent two hours and have no idea how to even start. The following is what i have done, but its basically random guessing, could someone point me in the right direction. My Mux gate works fine btw. Thanks.

CHIP Mux16 {

    IN  a[16], b[16], sel;
    OUT out[16];

    PARTS:
//edit: implementation was in fact correct

Re: Mux16, need a lead

Nicolas wrote
Hey, Im having alot of trouble trying to get my 16Mux gate to work. Ive spent two hours and have no idea how to even start. The following is what i have done, but its basically random guessing, could someone point me in the right direction. My Mux gate works fine btw. Thanks.
It's not random guessing; you have developed a correct solution to Mux16.  Your HDL passes the hardware simulator test when run on my system when run on its own.

There must be a problem with one of your underlying chips.  Make a subdirectory and copy only the Mux16.* files into it; they test should pass.  Copy the Mux.hdl file into the subdirectory and run the Mux16 test again.  It it now fails, the problem's with Mux.hdl. Otherwise, repeat, adding one more of your chips each time until you find the bad chip.

--Mark

[Please edit your post to delete the working HDL.]

Re: Mux16, need a lead

Nicolas
That's so weird. I re-downloaded the zip project01 file and copied everything over from it except the .hdl files and it worked. So all the chips i wrote were correct. I guess somehow the script file or compare file got messed up but i never even opened those. Anyway thanks for checking on your hdl.