Mux8Way16

Cardinal
I'm having a simple problem with Mux8Way16. I understand how to implement it using 3 Mux4Way, I'm just not sure which sel[3] should give out e,f,g. Any help?

Re: Mux8Way16

Cardinal
Ok I figured it out, but now I'm having trouble selecting 2 bits fromt the 3 bit sel. I was using sel = sel[0...1] to use the 2 rightmost bits, but this isn't working. Any help?

Re: Mux8Way16

Cardinal wrote
Ok I figured it out, but now I'm having trouble selecting 2 bits fromt the 3 bit sel. I was using sel = sel[0...1] to use the 2 rightmost bits, but this isn't working. Any help?
Only two dots: sel=sel[0..1]

Re: Mux8Way16

Eugeniu
I created a Mux2Way16 that I've used alongside other gate to implement Mux8Way16.

Re: Mux8Way16

Salla
I'm doing the Mux8Way16 gate and have a small problem. The interface of chip Mux4Way16 is (a=, b=, c=, d=, sel=, out=), so can I drop some parts off? Difficult to explain without writing the code, but I have used 3 x Mux4Way16 gate to built the Mux8way16. If I have understood right, this is the simplest way to go..? First line I have "out=out1", second line I have "out=out2" and third line I have put those out1 and out2 to "a=" and "b=". There is still "c=" and "d=" left on the code. What shall I do with those??

And sorry for my English, hopefully you understand what I mean...

-S-

Re: Mux8Way16

Salla
Well, problem solved. I used two Mux4Way16 and one Mux16. But if it's possible to use three Mux4Way16, I don't know how to do that...

-S-