Need help understanding And16.hdl

Mshada
This post was updated on .
here's what i have, but it's not working, it fails the comparison @ line 4 of the compare file.
it outputs
0000000000000001

where it should be
1111111111111111

can anyone see what I've done wrong?
Thanks.
[code removed by request]
(nand'd improperly)

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

culchie
Looks like you're only manipulating the least significant bits, ie a[0] and b[0].
You're not doing anything to manipulate bits 1 to 15

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

Mshada
This post was updated on .
do I have to do something like
[code removed by request]
a programming loop?
Thanks.

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

culchie
AFAIK you have to do it bit by bit as would be the case if you were physically wiring it

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

Todun
This post was updated on .
I have the same issue with Mshada. Is there a for-loop functionality like in VHDL or is the only solution to the problem to list the internal-chip-part for each bit as follows: ... ?

                [Working HDL code removed by admin.]

Thanks!

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

ybakos
You must wire them manually as you've done.

BTW, don't post entire HDL implementations of chips.

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

Mshada
Ok, i was thinking of it too much like software and not like hardware.

Seeing as they where failed chips, i didn't see the problem, but I'll remove them.

Re: Need help understanding And16.hdl

Todun
Sorry about posting the HDL. I did not know there was a rules-section. That was my first ever post here...btw, thanks for the feedback.