Or16 Comparison failures. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Or16 Comparison failures. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Stujo
This post was updated on .

I've been banging my head against the wall all day. I even looked up the answer, which matches mine. Am I missing something? Or is there something wrong outside of the PARTS section (corruption of the .hdl or error in .tst file)?

Re: Or16 Comparison failures. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Well, let's look at what the output and comparison files tell us.

Line 4
| 1111111111111111 | 1111111111111111 | 0000000000000000 | (from out)

Looks like your OR gate is acting like and XOR gate.

Re: Or16 Comparison failures. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Stujo
Thanks, my Or gate is essentially an Xor gate, hence my Or16 is as well. I thought I had tested it successfully, but at least I know what to do now.

Re: Or16 Comparison failures. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Glad you got it fixed. Even better, you learned a little bit more about debugging.

And thanks for deleting your code out of your original post -- that's just the way to do it.