Or16 with Nand

omitas
Hi
Having problem. I'm trying to write OR16 with Nand.
I have 65lines and Hardware Simulator keeps notice that line 59 have error... Line 59, "," or ")" are expected.

Line 59:
Nand(a=out27, b=out28, out=out[13]);

I dont understand what there could  be wrong.
Please help.

Re: Or16 with Nand

ybakos
Why not write Or16 with a few Or gates?

Re: Or16 with Nand

omitas wrote
Hi
Having problem. I'm trying to write OR16 with Nand.
I have 65lines and Hardware Simulator keeps notice that line 59 have error... Line 59, "," or ")" are expected.

Line 59:
Nand(a=out27, b=out28, out=out[13]);

I dont understand what there could  be wrong.
Please help.
As ybakos said, you should use Or gates to make Or16. The intent of Nand2Tetris is to learn how to use abstraction. Always think about how you can use the chips that you just made when designing new chips.

That said, look for your error in the previous line. Often a syntax error gets reported on the following line if the parser doesn't understand the end of the previous line.

--Mark