Problems beginning

KaiserPunch
So I downloaded the Nand2Tetris file, dragged it to my desktop, opened terminal, inputted the line of code mentioned in the mac user guide, and got "No Such File or Directory" error. I have tried many times to figure out the reason and fix it but have come up short. Any help? Thanks

Re: Problems beginning

ybakos
KaiserPunch, be a little more specific about what you did. What, exactly did you enter in the terminal? What, exactly, did you see as the output?

Re: Problems beginning

KaiserPunch
Into the terminal, I entered:

~/Desktop/tecs-software-suite-2.5/HardwareSimulator.sh &

It returned:

Redacted-MacBook-Pro:~ Redacted$ -bash: /Users/Redacted/Desktop/tecs-software-suite-2.5/HardwareSimulator.sh: No such file or directory

The redacted spaces are my name.

Now, the Nand2Tetris file is sitting on my desktop, the Mac set guide said that was the most common error, so I am not sure my problem.

Re: Problems beginning

robson
Try to 'cd' into your tools folder, inside the main folder of the simulator(or into the folder that resides the HardwareSimulator.sh) and type: ./HardwareSimulator.sh

Re: Problems beginning

If the folder on your desktop is called nand2tetris, then you should type:

~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh &