Realizing Multiplexer

Konstantin
I was able to solve the Multiplexer by using the Canonical Representation, but I ended up with lot's of parts - 3 Not, 8 And and 3 Or elemets. What other approaches are there where the solution will use less PARTS ? Is it possible to use only Nand and Not elements ?

Re: Realizing Multiplexer

Koen_Be3840
First draw your solution schematically
replace every symbol (And, Or, ..) by its nand expression.
Start eliminating nand sequenses like:  Not into Not for example

You'll be surprized

Re: Realizing Multiplexer

Konstantin
Never mind, I was able to use the Karnaugh Map to minimize the Canonical Representation and I ended up with only 4 gates. Thanks!