Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

aakashbhowmick
I am trying to run the Hardware Simulator on Ubuntu 14.04. I am trying the run the shell script, but I get the following error. Any ideas?

aakash@aakash-Ubuntu:~/nand2tetris/tools$ ./HardwareSimulator.sh
aakash@aakash-Ubuntu:~/nand2tetris/tools$ Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
        at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
        at HackGUI.ControllerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at SimulatorsGUI.HardwareSimulatorControllerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at HardwareSimulatorMain.main(Unknown Source)

Re: Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

ybakos
What version of Java?

Re: Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

aakashbhowmick
ybakos wrote
What version of Java?
aakash@aakash-Ubuntu:~/nand2tetris/tools$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_65"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.3) (7u71-2.5.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Re: Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

ivant
You've probably installed the openjdk-7-jre-headless package, which is for running server-side applications, without GUI.

    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

and try again.

Re: Runtime Exception while running HardwareSimulator.sh

aakashbhowmick
Thanks! That worked!