Software Simulator //S Mode in Microsoft

Software Simulator //S Mode in Microsoft

Nefeli
Hi,

I hope all is well.  When I try to install the Software Simulator on my computer, Microsoft informs me that I would have to switch out of S Mode:

"You may want to think twice about switching out of S mode. Especially if performance and peace of mind are your top priorities. S mode was designed for security, speed, and simplicity...Please note, you will not be able to return to S mode once you’ve switched."

Although I really don't think there's any other way around switching out in order to install the Software, I wanted to check with you first to see if you have a/any other recommendations or way to work around this? Thank you ahead of time. Kind regards,

Nefeli

Re: Software Simulator //S Mode in Microsoft

This is the first time I've ever heard of S-mode and so I did a bit of reading. While I can imagine some situations in which some people might want it (mostly as a quick way to put restrictions on children and students), I certainly wouldn't want it. Unless you ONLY want to be able to use apps that you get from the Microsoft Store, get rid of it.

But I don't recall "installing" the N2T software, just copying the zip file to a directory and extracting it. Try doing that and seeing if you can launch one of the tools by double clicking on it in a File Explorer window.