Stumped when loading chip -please help

Huazhu-Li
Hello, recently I have desired to learn of how a computer is built, and my research has led me to the Nand2Tetris course which so far I am finding quite informative. However, I have ran into a problem.

The problem is that the hardware simulator from the official website can not show two sections including HDL and Internal parts on the interface.

I have searched the solution for 2 hours on the website and I did not find out the same problem.And I read the tutorial and the appendix carefully and it didn't help.I tried to download again but also failed.

Maybe I made a little but normal mistake,so I did not notice?

Here is the screen shot of the software.

Here is the screenshot of the tutorial interface.

I would greatly appreciate any solutions to this problem I am having. Thank you for your precious time!

P.S. I am really sorry for asking this question which I'm sure you must answer rather frequently on these forums, but I couldn't seem to find a solution in the existing threads.

Re: Stumped when loading chip -please help

Welcome to Nand2Tetris!

Your screenshot is showing that you loaded "D:\builtInChips\Xor.hdl".
The chips in nand2tetris\tools\builtInChips are special files that get used when there is no other implementation of a chip available.

You need to load the Xor.hdl file from nand2tetris\projects\00\Xor.hdl.
Do not load the Xor.hdl file from projects\01 as shown in the tutorial slide's title.

When you start writing your own HDL, you should be writing those chips in the various nand2tetris\projects\... directories.
Be sure to write your HDL chips in the same order they are presented in Project 1:  Not, And, Or, ...

Re: Stumped when loading chip -please help

Huazhu-Li

Your suggestions do help!
Thank you for your patience!
Wish you a nice day!