Successful install for Ubuntu 14.04 linux

Successful install for Ubuntu 14.04 linux

anm89
With some adapted help from this thread I was able to get the hardware simulator up and running on Ubuntu 14.04

Steps were:

1- Download and unzip the software
2-in a terminal:$  sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jre && apt-get install libgcj14
3- in a terminal:$ dash HardwareSimulator.sh
or whichever other simulator you want to run

if this doesnt read the command line error and see if it wants you to download other dependencies

good luck!

Re: Successful install for Ubuntu 14.04 linux

markus
I still can't manage to run the Hardware Simulator.
openjdk-6-jre and libgcj14 are installed.
when typing: "dash HardwareSimulator.sh" I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
        at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
        at HackGUI.ControllerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at SimulatorsGUI.HardwareSimulatorControllerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at HardwareSimulatorMain.main(Unknown Source)

Someone know what to do?

Re: Successful install for Ubuntu 14.04 linux

markus
Nice. Now it works. Thanks. :)