Tool to Vizualize Gates

ngreisman
Is there a way to visualize/see the schematic of the chip that we are creating.  You show these diagrams in the tutorials [e.g. Figure 1.6].

It would be great if there was a program that could read the HDL file and draw the diagram of the gates.

Thx,

Neil

Re: Tool to Vizualize Gates

ngreisman wrote
Is there a way to visualize/see the schematic of the chip that we are creating.  You show these diagrams in the tutorials [e.g. Figure 1.6].

It would be great if there was a program that could read the HDL file and draw the diagram of the gates.

Thx,

Neil
Although it cannot import HDL files, Logisim is a great visual logic simulator. It's fairly quick to wire up a circuit given its HDL.
    http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~burch/logisim/
I very highly recommend it.

Re: Tool to Vizualize Gates

ngreisman
Thanks Mark.  I'll take a look [but still would be great to have something that reads HDL].