Tools not working, linux mint 19.1

peter pan
 Hi there

My problem is that I cannot get the tools from the software suite to work. I'm using Linux mint 19.1 and java -version outputs this
"
openjdk version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.4)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.4, mixed mode)
"

Using the HardwareSimulator as example, i have given the "HardwareSimulator.sh" file permission to be run as an executable file, and when i double-click it and choose the option to run in terminal, the terminal in a flash opens and then closes.

Running from the the terminal, both from within the install folder and from desktop, by typing "HardwareSimulator.sh" in the terminal outputs the message "HardwareSimulator.sh: command not found"

What can i do to fix this and get the tools running so I can get on with doing the projects? If any other info is needed, please let me know.

Thank you in advance :)

Re: Tools not working, linux mint 19.1

ivant
peter pan wrote
Running from the the terminal, both from within the install folder and from desktop, by typing "HardwareSimulator.sh" in the terminal outputs the message "HardwareSimulator.sh: command not found"
This is normal. On Linux the current directory is not part of the PATH by default. To run the file you need to type ./HardwareSimulator.sh instead.

If that doesn't work, please try it as follows:

/bin/bash -x HardwareSimulator.sh

Then copy the output and paste it here, so we can see what's going on.

Re: Tools not working, linux mint 19.1

peter pan
Wow, did not expect a reply so fast.

./HardwareSimulator.sh did the trick, thank you so much for helping.

Cheers!