Victory!!!!

peterxu422
I am proud to say that I have officially completed all of the projects for the 12 chapters of TECS!! I have completed all of the project specifications, but of course there is always room for improvement and further development. In my excitement of finishing the OS chapter, I wanted to share my achievement with the community. I plan to continue making improvements to what I have already done and explore where else I can take the project.

What a project it has been! It has been almost exactly a year since I first downloaded the materials for the course. I remember very clearly last year, towards the end of my winter break, I discovered this great course which really excited me. I started on the first two chapters before going back to school (I study computer engineering). The work I did in those chapters actually really gave me a leg up in one of my courses later that semester.

As the semester progressed, I was not able to devote too much time to the course so it was put on hold for a while. Occasionally, when I had free time I'd work on it again and made some progress. Then when the summer began, I started really getting into it and worked through 6 more chapters (I was working full-time as well). The more I worked on the course and the projects, the more I loved it. I could not finish the last two chapters in time before the new semester started. Once my winter break began, I picked up where I left off and for the last two weeks, I have been working on it everyday.

It has been quite a journey and one in which I take great pride. I learned so much about computers and computer science and it has really developed within me a greater appreciation for them and for my academic studies. The course has also instilled within me a great value for self-study. I plan to do more self-study after I graduate with so many MOOCs available.

I've included this course/project on my resume and I think it has garnered a lot interests from job recruiters when I was applying for jobs during the semester. Hewlett Packard has made me a job offer and I will be joining them after graduation. Thank you so much to Shimon Schocken, Noam Nisan, and all the others who made this course possible. I will spread the word about it.

Re: Victory!!!!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the story of your adventure. It's been a pleasure helping you along the way.

Re: Victory!!!!

Awesome, good luck with the new job.