What is the minimum number of parts for Mux?

What is the minimum number of parts for Mux?

rockhead
I programmed a Mux chip with four parts and was wondering if I could make it smaller?

Re: What is the minimum number of parts for Mux?

rockhead wrote
I programmed a Mux chip with four parts and was wondering if I could make it smaller?
Four gates is the minimum good implementation for Mux. In fact, the real world solution uses 5 gates to solve a problem called a hazard glitch. Hazard glitches are caused by the fact that real world hardware is not instantaneous. If you are interested, see The Real World is a Hazardous Place.

--Mark