satish
moment I add code to the skeletal programme for Not
and try to load chip, it says "loading chip..." but nothing happens.
if i remove the added code, then I can load the skeletal programme again.???

Re: loading chip

satish wrote
moment I add code to the skeletal programme for Not
and try to load chip, it says "loading chip..." but nothing happens.
if i remove the added code, then I can load the skeletal programme again.???
This happens when you try to use the Not chip in the PARTS section of the Not.hdl file
    CHIP Not {

        IN  in;
        OUT out;

        PARTS:
        Not(...);
    }
This makes an infinite recursive loop.

The only part you can use in your Not.hdl is Nand. Once you have written and tested your Not, you then have Nand and Not available so you can use both of them when writing your And.hdl. Then you will have Nand, Not and And available to write Or.

It is important to build the chips in the order listed in the book section 1.2.

--Mark
goo

Re: loading chip

goo