macOS Catalina 10.15.4 problem

Terry Letsche
Hi. I'm running MacOS 10.15.4, with the following java:

terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % java -version
java version "14.0.1" 2020-04-14
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 14.0.1+7)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0.1+7, mixed mode, sharing)

I have the nand2tetris folder on my Desktop. When I try to start the HardwareSimulator.sh from my Terminal prompt I get the following.
terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % /bin/sh -x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
/bin/sh: /Users/terry/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh: Operation not permitted
terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % zsh ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
zsh: can't open input file: /Users/terry/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
zsh: permission denied: /Users/terry/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
chmod: Unable to change file mode on /Users/terry/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh: Operation not permitted
terry@Terrys-MacBook-Pro ~ % sudo chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
Password:
chmod: Unable to change file mode on /Users/terry/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh: Operation not permitted

If I run the program from the tools folder with the below, it starts fine, but I'd prefer to not have to do this. Any ideas?
java -verbose:class -verbose:jni -classpath :bin/classes:BuiltIn:bin/lib/Hack.jar:bin/lib/HackGUI.jar:bin/lib/Simulators.jar:bin/lib/SimulatorsGUI.jar:bin/lib/Compilers.jar HardwareSimulatorMain

Re: macOS Catalina 10.15.4 problem

Terry Letsche
OK, I solved it. It turns out this is a 'feature', not a bug, because of some security settings. Read how I fixed it at https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/