multi-bit gates

drobbins
Hi Folks,

I've worked my way up the the multi-bit gates and completed the And16, Not16 and Or16
So far I've used what I would describe as the brute force approach, doing the same thing 16 times using the correct array notation. Is this the correct approach or should I be seeing some more clever design?
I don't want to miss something important here just because I got it to work

Dave

Re: multi-bit gates

You are doing the right thing, 16 instances of the 1-bit part. There are no iterative commands in HDL.

Re: multi-bit gates

Anthony
Does the same apply for multiway gates?  I brute forced the Or8Way gate as well :)

Re: multi-bit gates

Anthony wrote
Does the same apply for multiway gates?  I brute forced the Or8Way gate as well :)
Yes. You will need to code each gate individually.

--Mark