no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

compscinoob
This post was updated on .
Hello I just started the hdl and wanted to complete the tasks,
I'm trying to do the not gate, this is my hdl code:

MOD EDIT: Code removed once problem resolved.

and got just zeros as outputs.

then i tried:

MOD EDIT: Code removed once problem resolved.

So i thought that i would get a 1 when it evalutates at in=1 BUT I STILL GET 0 what am I doing wrong here?

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

ivant
Everything after // is treated as comment. Try removing the double-slash.

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

compscinoob
This post was updated on .
Thank you, I get an error message telling me that at line 16 it can't connect parts's output pin to gate's input pin.

never mind, I figured it out thank you for your help.

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

ivant
Read carefully the specification in the comments and see if you follow it correctly. You're almost there!

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

compscinoob
yes thank you for your help, I did it

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

ivant
Good job! Please edit your original post and remove the source code, so others don't get spoilers.

And good luck on your journey.

Re: no matter what I do I only get 0 as outputs. what am I doing wrong

I went ahead and removed your code.

Good job and enjoy the journey.