[solved] Ram8.tst getting stuck - hickup...

[solved] Ram8.tst getting stuck - hickup...

OppaErich
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I've built Ram8 using 8 Register16, 1 DMux8Way and 1 Mux8Way16. The HDL file loads without errors and Ram8.tst runs until Time:26 and then it does nothing. The "Stop" button is active, the rest not.

Any ideas ?

Have a nice sunday,
Stephan

Ram8.tst stuck

Re: Ram8.tst getting stuck

Very strange.

Is this a consistent failure? Does it always stop here if you restart the simulator?

When I first did n2t I was copying my completed HDL into the later project directories and eventually started having problems because the RAMs' memory requirements grow exponentially, but I think it started later than RAM8.

Re: Ram8.tst getting stuck

OppaErich
Hi,

I took a break and watched the F1 race. I started the HardwareSimulator again and it ran through without any problems. After that I completed RAM64 and RAM64.tst ran through just fine too.

Re: Ram8.tst getting stuck

OppaErich
Hi,

the problem did reappear with RAM4K and RAM16K. Running the testscript stalled right at the start. I tried to disable the animation and this helped, testscripts ran through. "Just" PC left now...