the link to the software package does dot work

the link to the software package does dot work

jvandilen
Hi,
When I want to download the software package on "https://www.nand2tetris.org/software" I get the following error: File is in owner's trash

Is https://github.com/rhedshi/nand2tetris the same file ?

Thanks
Jan

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

petafunk
This post was updated on .
I've got the same problem. The google Drive link is out of date, and I can't find the relevant zip file in Github.

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

ivant
That's bad. I don't know anything about the github repo that jvandilen provided.

I put the latest version that I have, which is 2.6 and I downloaded it on 2019-07-07 here: https://github.com/itoshkov/nand2tetris-emu/releases/download/original-2.6/nand2tetris.zip.

And here is the SHA1 sum of that file:

c5d76c6fa75571b4b45d59774afcfaf05df80cf4  nand2tetris.zip

While you're at it, you may wish to try my builds of the tools. They contain several bugfixes, as well as some additions. You can find them here: https://github.com/itoshkov/nand2tetris-emu/releases.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with this course or with the people who developed it.

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

I've been in touch with Shimon and he has tried to fix it, but I still get the same problem. There appears to be something strange going on with Google Drive.

But I noticed something -- when you first get to the Google Drive page and the the circle is chasing itself, there is a download icon in the upper right that disappears when the circle catches itself and it reports that the file is in the owner's trash. If you click on that icon while it is there, it will download the .zip file.

Gotta love technology!

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

petafunk
Your version of the software works for coursera's Project 0 at least. That's good, because another 2017 one I got on github didn't.

But now the Google Drive link seems to work again ! Thank you Shimon and WBahn.

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

petafunk
Well, it seems other files in the course are affected. Right out of Week 1's first modules, Appendix A (Drive link) of the book and Chapter 1 of The Elements of Computing (Drive link) are missing, these being the links provided in Coursera.

Chapter 1 can be found with a filesusr.com link on the website and Appendix A I got by doing the "click on the download icon before it disappears" method mentioned by WBahn.

It's likely all files in the course are affected at the moment, though. I hope they manage to make it work out.

Re: the link to the software package does dot work

BJaneca
https://www.nand2tetris.org/papers

This one is on the users trash too...