using different languages for different projects

using different languages for different projects

seagul
I wrote my assembler in C, because I wanted to take the opportunity to learn a new language, which is also quite low level.

I now feel quite comfortable with it, and want to learn new programming languages.

Will I be able to write my VM translator, compiler and OS in different languages?.

If so, which of the following languages would be good to use?:
Java, JS (node?) ,C++, C#, any other sugestions? (python is not listed because I know it quite well)

Thanks

Re: using different languages for different projects

The choice is entirely up to you, particularly if your goal is to learn a new language. The APIs in the text are geared towards an object-oriented language, but that's certainly not a requirement.

The OS needs to be written in Jack (unless you want to write a compiler from your chosen language to Hack VM).

Re: using different languages for different projects

Lozminda

Hi
I've written in C and C++ for this course and might try and go over to Haskel for the last modules. I will say that C is quite different in many ways from C++11 onwards, though it shares some of the same syntax. Almost everything is pointers in C, whereas pointers are much more under the hood in C++11 onwards.

Whatever you choose, good luck !